On Campus VCE VET Programs
*Follow on from Year 10 Outdoor Recreation ADVANCE, VET Programs Outdoor Recreation-Surfing
The Certificate III in Sport and Recreation will develop the skills and knowledge students require to support the operation of facilities and assist in conducting sport and recreation programs as well as develop a comprehensive understanding of the Sport and Recreation industry. Job opportunities include: pool lifeguard, sports retail, sports trainer, swim teacher, after school sports programs, recreation officer, sport and recreation attendant, leisure services officer, outdoor leader.
The completion of this certificate and an exam, allows students the accreditation of a VCAA ATAR Score for VCE.
Units of Competency
- Organise personal work priorities
- Provide first aid
- Participate in workplace health and safety
- Participate in WHS hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control
- Conduct sport coaching with foundation level participants
- Use social media tools for collaboration
- Conduct non-instruct sport/fit sessions
- Provide quality service
- Respond to emergency situations
- Develop and update officiating knowledge
- Conduct sport/fitness/recreation events
- Surf small waves using basic manoeuvres
- Continuously improve officiating skills and knowledge
- Plan and conduct programs
- Facilitate groups
- Educate user groups
This program is delivered by WSC on behalf of Registered Training Organisation (RTO), IVET.