Rationale: The English language is central to the way in which students understand, critique and appreciate their world and to the ways in which they participate socially, economically and culturally in Australian society. The study of English encourages the development of literate individuals capable of critical and imaginative thinking, aesthetic appreciation and creativity.
EN011 & EN012: UNITS 1 & 2
Areas of Study
- Reading and Creating Texts
- Analysing and Presenting Argument
- Reading and Comparing Texts
- On completion of this unit students should be able to produce analytical and creative responses to texts.
- Students will analyse how arguments and persuasive language can be used to position audiences, and create their own texts.
- Students will be able to compare the presentation of ideas, issues and themes in two texts.
- Students will able to identify and analyse how arguments and persuasive language are used in text/s to influence an audience and create a text to present a point of view.
Assessment: S or N based on the demonstrated achievement of the outcomes specified above.
Texts: These will need to be purchased from the booklist.